Joy Poem
-Carl Sandburg
Let a joy keep you.
Reach out your hands
And take it when it runs by,
As the Apache dancer
Clutches his woman.
I have seen them
Live long and laugh loud,
Sent on singing, singing,
Smashed to the heart
Under the ribs
With a terrible love.
Joy always,
Joy everywhere–
Let joy kill you!
Keep away from the little deaths.
May today be a day of great joy and hope, and may your ministry and life be full of deep joy even when struggle and heartache come in! I am rejoicing for you and for all you may become.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joy joy joy joy joy!!! I did it!!!
(just a twinge of sadness that this blog is now "done." i don't suppose you could make me one for the rest of my life?)
Joy joy joy joy joy!!!
Hmmm...well, making blogs for people could be an interesting sort of calling. Sadly I don't think it would make me much money!) Much love and celebration!!!!
Post a Comment